That's a Wrap

*Highlights from our Vanventure!*

Dear Loyal Readers,

At the bare beginnings of my 48-state road trip, I was listening to the radio when I heard a broadcaster say, "Falling in love with yourself first doesn't make you vain or selfish.  It makes you indestructible."  I've kept this quote with me with the understanding that this was my goal.  Now, after more than 20,000 miles, roadying to the contiguos 48, and living out of my 1983 van, "Honey," for 6.5 months, I've certainly found love - for myself and others.

It was also this quote that inspired a cover letter sent to Success Academy, the highest performing charter school in New York City.  As of Monday, I am happy to announce that I will be teaching in one of the 46 schools across the City come the end of August.  I will give our scholars their own opportunities to fall in love with themselves and thus acknowledge the beautiful contribution that their lives bring to others.

And of course, if this isn't adventure enough - navigating the subway was no easy feat for me on interview day - I have taken on a remodeling job.  The kicker?  I am renovating my future apartment.  To this end, I look forward to maintaining my blog and updating all that are curious on my current and future endeavors.  And for those of you who will miss seeing images of vast landscapes, smiling strangers, and perhaps the occasional breakdown, do not worry; I have given myself five years to achieve my next trek:  Driving through Canada to Alaska A.K.A. #49.

Finally, thank you to all who have supported me on this journey.  I've witnessed the essence of pure humanity and I could not be more grateful.  This trip has opened both my mind and my heart.  I look forward to discovering the effects such an experience will have on my life moving forward.

Sincerely,
Megan, Eyore, and Honey

P.S. Love yourself.  You're pretty damn wonderful.
P.S.S. Don't forget to click on the link at the top for some culminating pictures!

Comments

Popular Posts