Eyore's Debut and Final Prep

Nothing ever works out the way you plan it to.  In this case, Honey has decided she needs another visit to the doc before she feels up for travelling, and Eyore has shown me the virtue of patience - a virtue which I clearly do not hold.  I don't know if any of you watch Gilmore Girls, but at one point Lorelai, the mother in the adored mother-daughter duo, adopts a dog and names him Paul Anka.  Throughout their relationship, Lorelai describes her new friend as being afraid and particular of so many things that that she makes a list and tapes it to the fridge.  Eyore is my Paul Anka.  Though my patience has been tried and my fingertips frozen while waiting until the rescue pup is prepared to abandon the car or enter a new doorway, I am overjoyed and proud of the moments when he overcomes his anxiety or listens on cue.  I knew with laughter would come tribulation, so I can only buckle in for the ride.

In the last few days of preparation, I am asking for donations to help make this ride possible.  If you would like to throw some gas money my way or pitch in for the pup's food, we would greatly appreciate it!  You can do so at: https://www.gofundme.com/the-modern-odyssey

I look forward to keeping you posted on Eyore's progress as Honey and I hit the road.

Have a happy New Year!  Let's make 2018 the best one yet!

Comments

Popular Posts