First Day On My New Tires


In the summer of 2017, my parents and I (along with our beloved pup, Breeze, of course) piled into the Subaru and made our way to Pottstown, PA.  After hours spent pouring over our glowing screens and endless Google searches, mom finally came in clutch and found The One.  Originally from Wyoming, the 1983 Dodge Xplorer - officially named Honey - drove right into my heart.  Well, if I'm being honest, I may have had a minor panic attack inside her 80s wood paneled walls, but I loved her nonetheless.

Let me explain...

When I was going into the third grade, my parents and I embarked on a cross-country trip for two months.  I was hooked.  My dad and I began to share a love for venerable VW vans.  I decided that upon graduation from the University of Pittsburgh, I would begin my own cross-country extravaganza.  Sure, I loved what I studied and I
began narrowing down my choices post-grad, but no option seemed to offer the sort of happiness that I knew I was missing.  As anxiety ran rampant
through the monotonous schedules and deadlines that dictated my life, I was convinced there was something better.  I knew there was more outside the bubble that I called life.  Not long after I came to this conclusion, I discovered that I was eligible to graduate from the University of Pittsburgh a semester early.  With this news, I gleaned that well-known light at the end of the tunnel.  With the support of my parents, I decided to leave my chapter of classes and stress behind and embark on a new adventure.

This blog is dedicated to representing the metamorphosis the van and I experienced from the day she slid off the trailer to the morning I, the pup, and the van left for the ride of a lifetime.  So I invite you to join me on my Modern Odyssey through life.

Comments

Popular Posts